Maggie Diet is a low-calorie weight loss food that lasts up to 4 weeks. The daily diet uses foods high in protein, and fat and carbohydrate intake is limited.
The name of the diet comes from Margaret's name, as the nutrition plan was created by the Mayo Clinic specifically for Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher in the eighties of the twentieth century.
There are two options for the diet - egg (depending on the use of eggs, fruits, vegetables, and meat) and yogurt ("ducha"). The Maggie Cottage Cheese diet is used for chicken egg allergies and contains 100Village cottage involves replacing each egg with cheese.
If you follow all the rules of the diet, you can lose 3 to 5 kg weekly. As a rule, during the first week, reduce swelling and excess water from the body. The release of weight leads to weight loss, and then the process of losing weight may be slow.
To make Maggie Egg diet more effective for 4 weeks, you need to follow the following dietary guidelines:
- The daily diet should include 3 main meals. In cases of severe hunger, it is permissible to eat a non-starchy vegetable (carrot, cucumber), but not 2 hours before the main meal.
- Do not use sugar in any form.
- Include only those foods in the menu that are allowed on the diet and do not interrupt the sequence of meals.
- Drink at least 1. 5 liters of water throughout the day including tea and coffee without sugar.
- Do not use vegetable, butter and other types of oils in cooking.
- Do not use spices too much, as spices contain essential goods, which increases appetite.
Dos and Don'ts (Table)
Foods that can be consumed during the diet are low in calories, as they contain low amounts of fat and carbohydrates. In addition to protein products such as eggs and meat, it is allowed to include vegetables in the menu. Is, mainly raw.
The minimum amount of fruits and berries with low fructose content should be included in the diet of the Madges diet. On average, you can eat up to 300 grams of different types of fruits and berries to choose from per day.
|Foods||< what you can eat|
|pastry||yesterday's whole grain bread||white flour bread and pastry, soft and durum wheat pasta|
|meat, chicken||Turkey, Chicken, Rabbit, Veal||Lamb|
|fish||low-fat fish (flounder, hake, cod, pollock, pollock, etc. ), seafood||Merkel, Herring, Beluga, Halibut, Sayury, Sprat, Burbot, Sturgeon.|
|dairy products||Low Fat Cottage Cheese (Not Fat Free), Low Fat Cheese||Fat cottage cheese, cottage cheese, sugar curd, heavy cream|
|eggs||hard boiled eggs|
|grains||all types of grains from grains|
|Vegetables||bell peppers, broccoli, all kinds of cabbage, fermented sauerkraut, carrots, onions, garlic, cucumber, tomatoes, green peas, mushrooms, spinach, lettuce, lettuce zxtd>||potatoes|
|fruit||Apricot, Cherry, Plum, Blueberry, Blackberry, Cranberry, Lemon, Lime, Raspberry, Strawberry, Apple, Pear||Banana, Grape. Watermelon|
|dry fruits||dates, figs and other dry fruits|
|drink||tea, coffee||alcoholic beverages, sugar drinks|
4 Week Original Maggie Diet Menu
A specialty snack of eggs and fruits is a specialty of the first and second weeks of the Maggi diet, which helps the body adapt to dietary changes.
Chicken eggs contain protein, healthy fats and vitamins to ensure long-term satiety, so your daily breakfast for the first 14 days should include 2 hard-boiled eggs, grapes, tea, or coffee without sugar.
From the beginning of the third week to the end of the diet, breakfast may include other items depending on recommendations and personal preferences.
- Lunch: Rhubarb.
- dinner: steamed low-fat steamed meat with vegetable salad.
- Lunch: Boiled chicken breast with vegetables.
- Dinner: Whole grain crouton, two eggs, cucumber salad, oily tomatoes, grapes or orange.
- Lunch: 30-50 grams of cheese, whole grain toast, tomatoes.
- Dinner: Steamed Fish (300g) with Vegetables.
- Lunch: Rhubarb 350 grams.
- Dinner: boiled meat, vegetable salad with herbs.
- Lunch: 2 eggs, 300 grams of the dish of your choice (green peas with beans or boiled carrots with stewed Torini).
- Dinner: 200 grams of fish (grilled, baked or boiled), green salad, grapes with cucumbers and Chinese cabbage.
- Lunch: up to 300 grams of fruit.
- Dinner: 250 grams of meat with a vegetable salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and dill.
- Lunch: chicken breast, 150 grams of stew vegetables (cabbage, zucchini, tomatoes, pepper), fresh tomatoes, 1 grape.
- Dinner: The same type of vegetables (cabbage or zucchini), cooked by boiling or stinging.
- Lunch: Vegetable salad (cucumbers, green salad, onion) and chicken breast.
- Dinner: two eggs, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers and herbs, grapes.
- Lunch: boiled or baked meat, fresh vegetables (including green salad).
- Dinner: two soft-boiled eggs, grapes or orange.
- Lunch: Grilled meat with cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Dinner: Same as the previous day.
- Lunch: Stew (cabbage, zucchini, carrots), 30 grams of cheese, 2 eggs.
- Dinner: two hard-boiled eggs.
- Lunch: any amount of boiled fish.
- dinner: two soft-boiled eggs.
- Lunch: meat, tomatoes, a grape.
- Dinner: Fruit Salad.
- Lunch: Stew or boiled vegetables (carrots, beets, cabbage), chickens, grapes.
- dinner: like lunch.
At this stage, the Maggie diet is limited to a list of specified products for each day from where they independently make 4 meals.
Monday: unlimited fruit.
Tuesday: Any amount of vegetables allowed (raw and stew).
Wednesday: Fruit salad, raw and boiled vegetables.
Thursday: Fish, cucumbers and tomatoes.
Friday: Meat or poultry, cooked vegetables.
Saturday: One fruit throughout the day.
Sunday: Same as the previous day (other types of fruits are allowed).
In the third week of the Maggie diet, the menu lists daily rations, which are divided into meals throughout the day in any order.
- 200 grams of meat, fish or poultry,
- 1 piece of toast or crouton bread,
- Tomatoes (3 pcs. ),
- Cucumbers (4 pcs. ),
- Grape or orange.
- Everything except fruit as on the previous day
- Two fruits of your choice (grape, orange, apple or medium pear).
- 1 tbsp cheese,
- 200 grams of low-fat cottage cheese,
- vegetable stew,
- 2 cucumbers and 2 tomatoes,
- toast or bread,
- Eat half boiled chicken throughout the day,
- 3 tomatoes,
- 2 cucumbers,
- 1 whole grain toast,
- grapes and another fruit to choose from.
- Salad with fresh vegetables of your choice,
- 2 hard boiled eggs,
- 3 tomatoes,
- 2 boiled breasts,
- cottage cheese or feta cheese (150 grams),
- a glass of yogurt,
- 3 cucumbers and 3 tomatoes,
- Grape or orange.
- canned tuna in your juice (1 can);
- vegetable stew (200 grams);
- a tablespoon of cottage cheese;
- toast or bread
- two tomatoes and a cucumber;
A long-term low-calorie diet is a serious burden to the body, therefore, at the end of the fourth week, subsequent nutrition must be properly organized.
Like other low-carb meal plans, the chances of eating flour and sugar-rich foods increase after completing the Maggie Diet.
To avoid overeating after a diet, you should include foods in your diet according to the following principle:
- Every 3 days, increase the number of slow carbohydrate foods (buckwheat, bulgur, quinoa, bran beans, rye wholegrain bread) by 20-25 grams as long as the total weight of the carbohydrate foods. Does not reach 250–200 grams per day;
- The amount of non-starchy vegetables should be half of the total daily diet;
- You can eat 100 grams of a large fruit or berries every day;
- Do not include sweets in the diet, because during the diet, the body has lost the habit of sweets, so you should not recreate the dependency;
- eat 3-4 times a day and reduce the number of snacks at other times;
- Do not eat 3 hours before bedtime.
Since the Maggi diet contains a large amount of protein foods that cause additional stress on the kidneys and liver, this diet should not be used by people with a pathology:
- renal failure;
- increased blood uric acid; Gout.
Also, you should not use Maggie Diet for eating disorders (ED), that is, people suffer from anorexia, bulimia, and binge eating disorder, because eating fewer calories can aggravate the ED problem. is.